Layover™ Travel Blanket - Packable & Insulated
- Rad Features
- Detailed Info
- Let's face it, traveling is exhausting. You just can't predict when you'll need extra warmth & comfort. Long uncomfortable flights, napping on the floor during delays, transfers, road trips...how do you catch a break!? We set out to take the edge off and make your journey even better.
• Warmth & comfort w/insulated core
• Hands free napping w/snaps around neck
• Eliminate cold drafts w/leg pocket & insulated foot pouch
• Keep hands toasty w/micro fleece kangaroo pocket
• Secure items (i.e. headphones, passport & boarding pass) w/envelope pocket
• Turns into pillow by stuffing into envelope pocket
• Super packable (size of your fists)
• Increase blanket width w/snaps along blanket edge
• Spill proof & antistatic coating
• Detachable & hideaway stuff sack
• Premium quality & durable
• Lifetime Warranty
Sizing: 10 x 7 x 3 Inches
Weight: 12.43 ounces (35% less than a pair of Nike Free shoes)
• Nylon: 20D
• Insulation: 40 gr/sq m made from recycled PET plastic (used water bottles!)
• Warmth Rating: 60°
• Zippers: YKK
• Weight: 12.43 ounces
• Drawstring: Paracord
• Anti-Static + Waterproof Coating
• Machine Washable
Can you wash the Layover™?
You sure can! The Layover™ is machine washable, and you can tumble dry it on low!
What height does the blanket work for?
If you are over 6'3" - With the blanket snapped around your neck it will be a little tight to use the foot pocket at the same time. You can still use the blanket in every other way. At this time we are working on an option for taller people. Feel free to try it out, as we offer free returns if you aren't pumped.
Lifetime Warranty, really?
We've only selected premium materials so we're so confident in our products. We will replace any Layover™ that suffers from a manufacturing error. If something else happens, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com and we will review each repair on a case-by-case basis.
We didn't cut any corners with material selection to ensure rips and tears are minimized plus stress points get extra attention. We also designed reinforcements in areas used most. Two examples:
1. Snaps are reinforced with extra material surrounding them to reduce rips
2. Attached stuff sacks can get stress on the connected parts when packing. We added a snap to the piece of material that connects the blanket to the stuff sack. When packing away if the material is getting too much stress, the snap will break loose vs cause threads to take the beating.
Reusability and recyclability
With our Lifetime Warranty, we want to make sure that the blanket, as do all our products, gets years of use. Instead of just throwing away a blanket for a warranty claim we want to closely examine and attempt to repair.
In 2018 we also used only minimal packaging. One cardboard box was designed to serve as packaging and the shipping box (vs a box shipped in a box). We also do not use single use plastic in any packaging. We opted to use tissue paper to protect the product inside. We are now using cassava as a plastic alternative.
The insulation for the Layover is made out of 100% recycled material (plastic bottles in fact). Certified free of harmful chemicals and are safe for human use. Organic certification means that textile and fabric products are grown according to strict guidelines on the use of petroleum based fertilizers, pesticides and synthetic products.
Environmentally friendly factories
With some factories it is a new concept to reduce waste. We are always pushing them to be more conservative with waste. The standard for manufacturing usually uses so much plastic just to ship products from a factory to a warehouse. We take steps along the way to reduce all waste everywhere we can.
Sustainable fulfillment and distribution
We're very close (as friends and physically) to our fulfillment center. Waste when fulfilling thousands of orders at once can get pretty ridiculous. Giant plastic bags are a standard & used to gather all the products together to take to the distribution center. We work with our warehouse and manufacturers to make sure waste is minimized (hopefully to zero!).
- travel blanket
Excellent customer service.
Just love my Layover Blanket. Actually had to buy a second one because I gifted mine! Excellent customer service: a little bit of confusion on the second order. Reach out to Brooke: 24 hrs...new blanket on my doorstep! Thanks so much !
Love Love Love the Travel Blanket
I used one blanket for my 91 year old dad and the other for my 84 year old mum. They loved how light they are and also they’re just enough to keep the chill off them. They both went from ‘I’m not going to have that around me’ to ‘can you please go get the travel blanket’!
Layover Travel Blanket
A great addition to my upgraded travel items. I love the versatility and quality of the Layover as advertised. A must have for all travellers. Compact, versatile, warm, and very functional. This is a 2 in 1 that everyone needs. A pillow and or the use of the blanket in those situations of need. Started out purchasing the Explorer Plus, adding the liquid bottles, and now completing my travel needs with The Layover. Great quality of products designed and created by the guys of Gravel. Congratulations and all the best for continued success!!!
Extremely comfortable at a cost
Okay, I took a chance on this thing, especially since it's pretty expensive. However it does a fantastic job. 1. It's super warm, and blocks the draft with the feet pockets. 2. Snap-locking the top around your neck keeps the blanket in place. 3. The fuzzy hand pocket makes it really comfortable. I had 2 back to back Red Eye flights, and basically slept 2 nights on an airplane. This blanket made both nights as comfortable as possible so I could maximize my rest. The pouch is a bit tight to cram the blanket inside it while sitting down, but it's workable. I've un-packed and re-packed it at home. It's expensive, but judging by the build quality it should last a long long time making it a long term investment if you travel quite a bit.