Layover™ Travel Blanket - Packable & Insulated
- Rad Features
- Detailed Info
- Let's face it, traveling is exhausting. You just can't predict when you'll need extra warmth & comfort. Long uncomfortable flights, napping on the floor during delays, transfers, road trips...how do you catch a break!? We set out to take the edge off and make your journey even better.
• Warmth & comfort w/insulated core
• Hands free napping w/snaps around neck
• Eliminate cold drafts w/leg pocket & insulated foot pouch
• Keep hands toasty w/micro fleece kangaroo pocket
• Secure items (i.e. headphones, passport & boarding pass) w/envelope pocket
• Turns into pillow by stuffing into envelope pocket
• Super packable (size of your fists)
• Increase blanket width w/snaps along blanket edge
• Spill proof & antistatic coating
• Detachable & hideaway stuff sack
• Premium quality & durable
• Lifetime Warranty
Sizing: 10 x 7 x 3 Inches
Weight: 12.43 ounces (35% less than a pair of Nike Free shoes)
• Nylon: 20D
• Insulation: 40 gr/sq m made from recycled PET plastic (used water bottles!)
• Warmth Rating: 60°
• Zippers: YKK
• Weight: 12.43 ounces
• Drawstring: Paracord
• Anti-Static + Waterproof Coating
• Machine Washable
Can you wash the Layover™?
You sure can! The Layover™ is machine washable, and you can tumble dry it on low!
What height does the blanket work for?
If you are over 6'3" - With the blanket snapped around your neck it will be a little tight to use the foot pocket at the same time. You can still use the blanket in every other way. At this time we are working on an option for taller people. Feel free to try it out, as we offer free returns if you aren't pumped.
Lifetime Warranty, really?
We've only selected premium materials so we're so confident in our products. We will replace any Layover™ that suffers from a manufacturing error. If something else happens, feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com and we will review each repair on a case-by-case basis.
We didn't cut any corners with material selection to ensure rips and tears are minimized plus stress points get extra attention. We also designed reinforcements in areas used most. Two examples:
1. Snaps are reinforced with extra material surrounding them to reduce rips
2. Attached stuff sacks can get stress on the connected parts when packing. We added a snap to the piece of material that connects the blanket to the stuff sack. When packing away if the material is getting too much stress, the snap will break loose vs cause threads to take the beating.
Reusability and recyclability
With our Lifetime Warranty, we want to make sure that the blanket, as do all our products, gets years of use. Instead of just throwing away a blanket for a warranty claim we want to closely examine and attempt to repair.
In 2018 we also used only minimal packaging. One cardboard box was designed to serve as packaging and the shipping box (vs a box shipped in a box). We also do not use single use plastic in any packaging. We opted to use tissue paper to protect the product inside. We are now using cassava as a plastic alternative.
The insulation for the Layover is made out of 100% recycled material. Certified free of harmful chemicals and are safe for human use. Organic certification means that textile and fabric products are grown according to strict guidelines on the use of petroleum based fertilizers, pesticides and synthetic products.
Environmentally friendly factories
With some factories it is a new concept to reduce waste. We are always pushing them to be more conservative with waste. The standard for manufacturing usually uses so much plastic just to ship products from a factory to a warehouse. We take steps along the way to reduce all waste everywhere we can.
Sustainable fulfillment and distribution
We're very close (as friends and physically) to our fulfillment center. Waste when fulfilling thousands of orders at once can get pretty ridiculous. Giant plastic bags are a standard & used to gather all the products together to take to the distribution center. We work with our warehouse and manufacturers to make sure waste is minimized (hopefully to zero!).
- travel blanket
It’s a Keeper
I was a Kickstarter backer for the Layover. I gave it a trial run last week on the way back home for Thanksgiving. I love being able to snap it around my neck, tuck my feet in the bottom pockets, and use the flannel lined kangaroo pocket to keep my hands toasty. It’s lightweight, warm, packs down to nothing, and the attention paid to the environmental impact of design and production is awesome. I’m looking forward to using it later this week on a couple of flights.
I‘m thrilled,so i ordered a second blanket
Perfect travel solution!
I have the layover blanket and it is AWESOME! if anyone is considering it for a frequent traveler on your gift list - get it! I travel an average of 130,000 miles a year globally and can attest it works after flying to Vietnam and back with it ❤️
The most functional blanket to carry around
As a career professional in the aviation industry I find this to be one of the best travel blankets to have around. The materials are great and the blanket is full body. The added features such as the kangaroo pocket were well thought out. Generally blankets on planes are not washed properly and leave lint on your clothing. This blanket does not leave behind anything on your clothing. It’s light enough to easily carry around and just right for that comforting feeling of having a blanky on your body.
I Kickstarted this travel blanket and when it arrived, I was very disappointed to see that it was Made in China. I though I was supporting an American enterprise.
Hi there! We totally understand, and love shopping from US companies as well. We use factories in Vietnam and in China that we work closely with to make sure they are up to our expectations. Our owners have made it to the factory to ensure that it is up to par with working conditions and quality. Our operations are based in the U.S., but we do this to keep costs low for the consumer.